Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Get MAD!!!!

It is difficult for me to put into words what it is that the Lord is stirring in me these days.... Last night God revealed a little bit more to me...

Darlene Zschech, a worship leader from Hillsong Church in Australia, is in town for a concert this coming Tuesday, March 8th. She is leading worship for our church tonight in our Wednesday service, but last night leaders within the church were allowed to attend a smaller worship service with a Q&A afterward. During the question and answer portion, Darlene was asked how she goes on stage to lead worship when she is in the midst of a trying time in life. Her response was powerful.... Some years ago, she and her husband had been blessed with a pregnancy after many years of prayer. When making plans for a concert tour, she visited her doctor to make sure everything was alright with the pregnancy for her to travel. At that visit, they got the horrible news that their baby had died. She had to go through the ensuing process with the baby and go on tour 48 hours later.... Allow me to interject a personal comment here. When Carrie and I were fearful that we were losing our baby, I distinctly remember being upset with God that He had not healed this issue or that He had allowed it to happen. I've been told before "It's ok to be mad at God. He can handle it.".... Darlene's response was different. She said "I was mad at the devil!" and as a result "We had some pretty intense worship times."

I think this is powerful. Her response shows faith. She knows in the depths of herself that God is good and that he only means good for his children. This stirred in me a desire to see Christians, and especially men, get mad at the devil. The Bible does not condemn anger as sin. It does caution that "in your anger do not sin." This tells me that we need to be aware that anger, or intense passion, is powerful. But we do not need to run from it. I know that I've been trained growing up to not get mad. Turn the other cheek, right? Yes, if it is your brother who does you wrong, but what if the devil does? Get MAD!, take a stand, and when all else is done... STAND.

1 comment:

Rick Dykes said...

Bro, I'm way behind seeing this, but this is a powerful word! Thanks for sharing that. Men need to hear this!