Wednesday, March 9, 2011

DC Men's Small Group

The frequency in posting by Carrie and me has gone down dramatically.... our apologies.

Couple things..

one.... Carrie and I went to a Hillsong United concert last night here in Birmingham. It was AWESOME!!! I love corporate worship. I am so moved when I stop singing and look around at all the like-minded people who are worshiping our creator. I especially like those moments when the band stops singing and the crowd takes over. And while this didn't happen last night, my favorite thing to experience in corporate worship is someone singing their heart out that "sounds" awful. It blesses me so much when the guy behind me in church can't carry a tune and he doesn't care one bit. He is singing so loudly because he loves Jesus. He doesn't care what he sounds like to me. He knows that his song is pleasing to God, because it is from the heart, with passion.

two.... I'm starting a small group for men at the Dream Center today. As you may have read in previous postings, I feel that I am called to teach/lead men. So this is the first step in that endeavor. One day I'll stand before hundreds, no... thousands of men and tell the story of today. Not a story of something great that I did, but a story of the mighty work that Jesus began today through me, an unlikely character.

"Take a good look, friends, at who you were when you got called into this life. I don't see many of "the brightest and the best" among you, not many influential, not many of the high-society families. Isn't it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, He chose these 'nobodies'..." 1 Corinthians 1.26-27

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Amen! How exciting to think about what the Lord has in store for you and your family as he leads you to lead men! WOO!

Debbie said...

Don't underestimate yourself!! Remember, His Spirit is in you!!What more could you ever need??So happy for you. Will pray for strength and wisdom for you. Be mindful of His soft voice. He is always faithful!! Mama Debbie