I've been asked to come up with the answer to a tough question. What would I do if I could do anything? Seemingly this is an easy question. It shouldn't be so hard to state what it is that I want to do with my life. It's the old, "If I had a million dollars..." statement. But I run into barriers. Perhaps you, the readers of this blog, can relate. I easily imagine that money is not the issue, that God will provide a way if that is what He is calling me to do. But otherwise, I find myself acting like Moses when called by God to go before Pharaoh. For those not familiar, Moses kept making excuses for himself as to why he could not do this task, why he could not confront the leader of Egypt. His primary excuse was that he was not good enough. He didn't feel like he had the ability needed. He called himself "slow of speech." And this is the same barrier, or excuse, that keeps coming up in my mind... I don't feel like I have the necessary ability for the dreams I am coming up with. I think it is helpful to keep God's response to Moses in mind when dreaming of the future.
"The Lord said to him, 'Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.'" -Exodus 4.11-12
I've thought that I would like to minister to men. But when I think about that, I think that I do not have enough to offer. My knowledge is raw, my speaking ability is poor, my sphere of influence is small, etc.... But God would say to me, "Who gives the ability to minister to men? Who gives you knowledge, speaking ability, boldness, and influence? Is it not I, the Lord?" Amen!
Challenging thought #1: If you could do anything at all with your life, what would it be? Don't allow barriers to creep into your thoughts. Make the assumption that Almighty God would work it out.
1 comment:
You are the man! Love that thought of personalizing God's words to Moses. How true it is that he is the one. Thanks for sharing bro.
Post a Comment