Monday, January 17, 2011

First doctor visit

Fortunately, Carrie already had her yearly ob/gyn visit scheduled for mid-October. She had already made plans to change doctors and this was to be her initial visit. This particular office is boldly Christian. I don't know how they pull that off with our government being so anti-Christian, but I think it is wonderful. They have Christian music playing in the waiting room, bible verses on the walls, and I believe the doctors pray with you before delivery. Anyway, Carrie just called ahead to let them know that rather than a routine check-up, we were pregnant!

We were able to have a sonogram and see the baby's heartbeat in that first visit. So exciting!! It was just like they joke about in tv shows and the movies. What I thought was the baby in the picture was not the baby at all. The doc had to point out the little peanut to us. :) So we received a great report and everything appeared to being progressing in a normal fashion. We couldn't have been happier and we felt so blessed.

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127.3

No comments: