Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Showers, Easter and Dr's Appts...




Maw-Maw Thompson turns 88 this week!









33 week picture







Easter pic in Troy










Had to get a BARE belly pic for Aunt Christen.





Jackson Family






MC College Friends from Jackson Baby Shower










Beignet Onesie from Aunt Christen







Handmade Blanket and Monkey Rattle from Mrs. Astrid

On April 9th my sweet college girlfriends hosted a shower for me in Jackson, MS. It was SO GREAT to see and visit with them again. It had been a few years since I had seen some of them, so it was an incredible treat. Chris was the only male species in attendance, but he was such a trooper. I have such an incredible husband!

Last Thursday we had our 32 week check-up. The swelling in my lower extremeties has definitely arrived and at the end of my work day it's quite unattractive to say the least, but the doctor assured me that it was 100% normal and to just keep watching my salt, drinking my water and elevating my feet as much as I can, which unfortunately is nearly impossible at work. Baby Wolfe is measuring well and the baby is still positioned head down and should stay that way. I can definitely tell it's moved in that direction especially when it decides to stretch its arms out in the lower region:) I'm usually making a bathroom stop pretty quickly after that. Ha! Yesterday morning I experienced the baby having hiccups for the 1st time. That was a pretty unique feeling, made it even more real to me that it will be here soon. We go back to the doctor next Friday for our 34 week check up.

This past weekend we headed to Troy to celebrate Easter with Chris's family. It was a nice and relaxing time and we got to visit with Maw-Maw Thompson who is turning 88 this week. We also got to play with our 2 1/2 year old niece, Penelope. She's really growing into a little girl and absolutely loves Mattie Lou. Penelope was sad when we had to head back to Birmingham and Mattie was completely depressed for a full 24 hours. I hope that's a good sign that she'll become fast pals with Baby Wolfe.

On Sunday after coming home from Troy we were able to officially move things into the nursery since the painting was complete. It felt really good to start setting things up and get some order back to our home. Now I just have to stop long enough to get a few pictures and decor up on the wall and it'll really start looking like a nursery. Over the last 2 weeks we've attended 2 baby classes and we have one more on May 14th. The countdown has begun and everything is really coming together. We're so excited and can't wait for God's little blessing to arrive! Included are pics from our recent events. Enjoy!

No comments: