Monday, January 17, 2011

Finding out

We were trying to get pregnant from the start. We anticipated that it would take a several months. Looking back, I know that there are many couples who have to wait much longer than we did, so I praise God that he blessed us so quickly. We probably really started thinking about it in July and were hoping to be pregnant in August.  We were so excited around that time each month. That time rolled around for August and we were not pregnant. I had my hopes high for September and again no baby. But the Lord chose to bless us with a child in October... Carrie took one pregnancy test after my badgering her to do so for about a week. She kept saying that we needed to wait longer to make sure she was late. But I was excited and impatient. When it tuned out positive, I wanted her to take another one to make sure but we didn't have one.  So it was about 11pm on a week night and I put a coat on with my pj's and slippers to run to CVS and buy the test. She took another one that night and then a couple days later too. (I bought two cause I wanted to be sure.... overkill, I know.) Obviously we were ecstatic and also humbled by the miracle of creation.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 119.13

No comments: